Monday, March 16, 2020
To our Loyal Customers:
In an effort to continue to serve our customers and also slow the spread of COVID-19, Andrew’s Garden has made some temporary changes to our hours and procedures. We will continue to follow guidance from appropriate authorities and make changes as necessary. We believe in being calm, but we also know that we need to take this situation very seriously.
As long as it remains possible and we continue to have access to fresh flowers from our suppliers, we will remain open from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. We will continue to use best practices to disinfect and clean our shop to protect our staff and our customers. If you are not comfortable coming into the shop, we will gladly take your order over the phone or online through our website. Delivery order recipients will be contacted by phone ahead of time and we will ring the doorbell and leave the delivery at the door. You may also arrange for curb-side pickup of flowers or any other item that we sell in the shop. Currently, only flower orders and gift cards are available to order online, but we will be very happy if you call us for other items too!
Please understand that we may not have as deep of a selection of flowers as usual. We ask for your flexibility with colors and flower varieties. Fresh flowers are perishable, and we are trying to mitigate our damages by keeping our fresh inventory a bit lower than normal. Trust us – as soon as this crisis passes, we will load up on all of your favorites again!
This pandemic is delivering a painful financial blow to small businesses like ours. It is especially painful because the financial impact affects all of our employees too. Small Business owners everywhere are doing our best to keep afloat and support each other. If we might ask a favor, there are a few things that you can do right now that would help us immensely:
- Send flowers to someone you love but cannot visit. That might be especially ideal for an elderly friend or family member who is unable to leave home right now.
- Order a treat for yourself to brighten up your space while you’re working from home. We can even deliver our fine French soaps & lotions to your door!
- Buy a gift card to use later. You can call to order one and we will mail it to you!
- Place an order NOW for Mother’s Day! You know you will be ordering flowers anyway, and you can take it off your to-do list. Mother’s Day is May 10, 2020.
- Support other small businesses in Downtown Wheaton and other neighborhoods. We are all in this together and we all appreciate your support more than you know. Supporting small businesses now means they have a better chance of still being there after the storm passes.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We will continue to post any changes to our website and social media pages. We thank each and every one of you who has already reached out in the last few days to give us your support.
Be safe, wash your hands, and look for the helpers.
-Andrew & Tonya – and all of the staff at Andrew’s Garden